With Covid-19, as schools and colleges in most states are still closed, online exams have become a need for time. Below is a list of tips for preparing and ace online exams.
- Taking exams online is not only new, but also overwhelming for most students
- Most institutions conduct online exams on the Learning Management System (LMS) and use exam integrity
- Below is a list of tips to revise and prepare for online exams and ace
- The online exam is not only new, but also overwhelming for most students because it brings subtle perseverance. When taking online exams, you should try to stay calm and strategic. The concept of online exams may be very similar to physical/field exams.
There are many tips to help students better prepare for online exams and trump cards:
Review before the exam
- Choose topics to cover and divide your schedule by the number of topics to form a revised schedule.
- Review the course notes, lecture videos, and essays. If available, you can also view recorded courses on the Learning Management System (LMS).
- Focusing on concepts and ideas, remembering large amounts of text can be confusing.
- Preparing for online exam
- Read and understand the test guide ahead of time, and be prepared for it.
- Pay attention to the format of the exam, such as filling in, short answers, multiple choice questions, or a combination of different types of questions.
- Participate in induction training organized by your institution for online exams or watching support videos
- Start to solve practical tests and self-assess yourself to improve efficiency.
- Manage work on time and calculate how much time each question will take: this work can help complete the exam within the specified time.
- Make sure you have the correct exam schedule and login credentials.
- Make sure you have a high-speed internet connection and it is stable. There is always a backup hotspot to use. If possible, it is a good idea to ensure that the power supply of the modem at home is backed up.
- Always keep the computer or tab updated and fully charged. Unless there is no other choice, avoid taking the test via your mobile phone. You can also turn off the screen protector option and make sure you have the screen login password.
- Based on the online exam mode, update your browser and any other applications/software you need.
- Sit in a quiet place in your house. Ensure that the chair is comfortable and ergonomic. The height of the table should tell you to keep your back upright and in a comfortable position.
- It’s best to let the light come from you instead of coming back to the screen from behind.
- Please prepare the necessary stationery and materials before the test.
- During the online exam
- Take a deep breath and relax. Smile often because it helps release tension.
- Always log in at least 15 minutes before the scheduled time. Check your internet speed, stop all notifications on the desktop, and change the screen brightness to suit you.
- Any clarification from the teacher you are talking to before using the chat box or raising your hand.
- If you are asked to remain silent during the exam, please make sure that there is no noise or music from the system in the background. Maintain the etiquette and sanctity of the exam.
- If allowed, please save your question and answer data to prevent technical problems during the exam and you will not lose your data.
- If you are allowed to use web search or visit any other website, please always use a secondary browser page to avoid any technical issues during the exam
- Unless permitted, do not seek instructions from Google, anyone, or any other tool. Remember, the test is to show that you understand your learning progress, not your achievements.
- After the online exam
- Cross-check your answers after finishing writing to ensure accuracy
- If you need to submit any scanned pages of handwritten answers or work notes, please do so immediately.
- Make sure you have submitted the final answer and received the online submission confirmation.
- Look for improvements for the next exam and try to retain ways to improve online exam scores
- Take a break and congratulate yourself. It is essential to express yourself in words of encouragement and to appreciate your efforts.
- In short, the online exam may be challenging for the first time, but it may be very convenient. By following the correct steps, awareness, and monitoring tools, it can replace the formal way of taking the exam.